Do I have what it takes to proceed (The Triduum)?

The faithful usually ask each other around this time of the year: "How has your Lent been?"  I think I join many of my fellow faithful who started out on Ash Wednesday with a lot of noble plans to grow closer to God: giving up something, spending more time in prayer, picking up more spiritual reading, being more charitable, doing more self sacrifice, etc.  I think I may join many today, too, in realizing we have not been completely faithful to what we planned to do on Ash Wednesday.

So here is the question: Am I meeting the objective of the Lenten practices?

It depends.  Recognizing where we are spiritually, weaker than we thought we were and not as holy as we would like to be or imagine ourselves to be, it is a good starting point.

At this deciding moment, we could say with the self-defeating attitude: "What's the point?  Why try anyway?"  Then we are not going anywhere.

Or we could say, now I know more certainly how much I need God, even in my effort to grow closer to him.  We will pray better from a humble disposition.  Then proceed to the Sacred Triduum to experience how the Son of God continues to be present with the people like you and me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SC Formation Class 16

Informational Meeting

Fourth Sunday of Lent - March 22, 2020